After arriving in Bozeman on a Thursday afternoon, I bought a car off craigslist the next morning. So I was able to drive into the park with my own wheels. Course this meant I was able to go shopping and get all new bedding, bathroom supplies, and new portable DVD player along with a small stack of movies. I already knew before getting here that the wifi would not work good enough to get Netflix.

Actually it’s  a miracle that my tablet is getting wifi now. Today I drove up to Mammoth  (where I had orientation ) and then East to a remote location of the park called “Roosevelt”. A friend from Death Valley is working there this Summer. Seeing as it’s so remote, she has no wifi or phone service. Unfortunately she was working  today so I could only talk to her about 5 minutes. When I returned to Mammoth after visiting Robin, I went into the park’s visitor Center to use their wifi and download  pics of Robin on facebook.

So maybe the visitor Center gave my tablet some kind of boost today. But seeing as it’s  working now in my room, I figured I better post here while I can. Well what can I say about this place? I haven’t seen it all, but I do love seeing the bison roaming around. Luckily 1 of my favorite spots is just about 6 miles away. Great to just sit and watch them. Course today on my way to Mammoth, a HUGE bison is walking down the middle of the road. As I stop I see a big 18-wheeler coming up behind me. I’m thinking “oh shit, I’m  stuck between a bison and a trucker”. So glad the truck stopped right behind my bumper.  People have told me many times that I drive to fast. Well when there is a possibility of a big bison around any corner, you better believe I now drive like an old grandma.

My 1st encounter with the bison here, was about 5 minutes after I arrived in Mammoth for orientation on May 12th. About 5 minutes after I parked the car a herd of bison walk through the parked cars to go wherever they needed to go. OMG, bison slobber all over my hood. At least they smelled a little better then a spot I found called “Mud Volcano”. WoW!! It’s  worse then a few cartons of rotten eggs. I never realized or I don’t  remember any science teacher explaining that sulphur had anything to do with volcanos. But I have learned it now.

My job here is ok, I guess. I work 1p-5pm and then again from 10pm-2am. During the between shift from 5-10 I have dinner, sometimes go watch the bison in my favorite  spot, or just take a short nap. The 10-2 shift can drag on especially after midnight. I love the fact that a private room with my own bathroom is included with my job but I don’t think I would do this again.